Saturday, October 31, 2009

39. Michael Jackson - Thriller (1982)

Of course, this Halloween the only song I could have picked for today was this one. I guarantee that more people will listen to this song today than have ever listened to one song on one day in the history of the world. This has been my favorite 'Halloween' song since I was a little kid, and even hearing it today....it's perfect. Michael made this when he was in the prime of his career, when his voice was just amazing. It's hard to decide what my favorite part of the song is...whether it's Vincent Price's eerie reading at the end, the image of the dancing zombies from the music video, or just Michael's all-around performance. It's obviously very sad that he died earlier this year, but it sure does make for an excellent and very fitting Halloween costume: Zombie Michael Jackson.




1 comment: