Friday, October 16, 2009

24. Big Boi - Shine Blockas (2009)

When the Outkast/UGK collaboration "Int'l Players Anthem" was released around this time of the year in 2007, it quickly caused me to do some re-arranging on my best songs of the year list. Well, it looks like Big Boi has done it again in 2009. This song, which is quite similar to the track I just mentioned in regards to the old soul sample and life-affirming beat, has quickly become one of my favorites of the year, and is one of the only songs that I've heard all year that I just can't stop hitting repeat on. If Big Boi's new album Sir Lucious Leftfoot ever sees release, it could quite possibly be amazing with this song along with the great Andre 3k featuring "Royal Flush" that has already been leaked.


No comments:

Post a Comment