Wednesday, October 7, 2009

15. Pavement - Rattled By The Rush (1995)

With the recent news that Pavement has reunited for at least four shows and are curating ATP next year, with the possibility of more festivals (Bonnaroo please?) as well, I felt like it was fitting to post a song by the band today. Clearly one of the most influential of all 90s indie rock bands, Pavement had a loose, sometimes silly sound that allowed them to have a basically flawless recording career. It's almost impossible for me to decide what my favorite song by the band is, but this one is definitely tied for first. It has the feel of a pop song, but of course Stephen Malkmus and the band added the weird flourishes that made Pavement so great.


1 comment:

  1. I noticed that your song of the day blog has so much more substance than mine. I don't know a lot about music except what I feel when I hear certain songs or what certain songs remind me of. You, on the other hand, sound like some sort of expert.

    Shame on me :(

    ReplyDelete