Saturday, October 24, 2009

32. Miles Davis - So What (1959)

Miles Davis was probably the coolest person to ever walk the face of the earth, and it's amazing that he was born just a couple of miles from where I live.....he's definitely the best thing to come out of my hometown. Anyway, this is most definitely my favorite jazz song on my favorite jazz album of all time, Kind of Blue. Miles' playing is so smooth and easy, and not only does this song feature the great Miles Davis, but it also has both Cannonball Adderley AND John Coltrane on saxophone. The lineup at this time might have been the greatest jazz group ever formed, and this record shows it clearly. This is one of the most influential pieces of music ever recorded by anyone period, regardless of genre.


1 comment:

  1. Let's not forget Bill Evans on the keys, my favorite jazz pianist of all time.

    ReplyDelete