Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My 25 Favorite Artists of the 2000s - #25


#25 - Broadcast

Of all of the artists that I've chosen to represent my favorites of the decade, this band sounds the most out of place. I don't mean out of place in that their talent level isn't as high, or their music isn't as great, but out of place in that Broadcast seems like they belong more on a list of my favorite bands of the 1960s. Borrowing heavily from the 60s band The United States of America, Broadcast mix vocalist Trish Keenan's heavenly voice with a sometimes harsh electronic clattering that in theory may sound a bit rough, but in practice went towards making some of the strangest and best indie-pop music of the decade.

My Favorite Albums:
1. Haha Sound (2003)
2. The Noise Made by People (2000)
3. Tender Buttons (2005)

No comments:

Post a Comment