Monday, September 28, 2009

6. The Beatles - Within You Without You (1967)

I listened to the remastered reissue of The Beatles Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band for the first time today, and it was amazing. This has been possibly my favorite record of all time for a good majority of my life, and hearing this new version was almost as if hearing it for the first time. This song in particular, which I had always thought of as one of the lesser masterpieces on the album, sounds amazing. The orchestration is much more crisp, and George's sitar playing is much more interesting than I had originally given him credit for. After hearing this I can't wait to hear the other new reissues, as I'm sure I'll find some new favorite parts to some of my old favorite songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment